CBSE Guess Official Helpline Forum for CBSE Students, Teachers and Parents. Educational Portals: ICSE | IGNOU | NIOS | IIT JEE | AIPMT | AIEEE | Friends
CBSE - Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE India Guess Papers, CBSE Sample Papers, Tutors In India, CBSE Schools, CBSE Books.  
CBSE CBSE Papers CBSE Schools CBSE Alumni CBSE Tutors CBSE eBooks Educational Articles Indian Education Education Forum Fun Zone Fun Zones

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: To participate in this form you need to register as your CBSEGuess.com login info will not work here. Click Here to Register

Guide/Reference Books

Ask questions of CBSE Class X and discuss the same here. For any doubts relates to CBSE Class X.

Guide/Reference Books

Postby hana » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:15 pm

I Know that NCERT is first. For reference purpose, Whtich you suggest for the following subject and areas

English - Specially for reading & writing practice
Maths - I heard that R.D.Sharma. Is it good?
Science and SST - the guide should not cover beyond syllabus and good MCQ questions also

Any help is welcome
hana

Re: Guide/Reference Books

Postby rockingal » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:21 am

maths rd sharma is excellent. english JPH is good .Sciencei am using S.Chand. even though it contains extra it is very good. or together with is also good. same for social. for MCQ's for pracs please buy together with lab manual. it has loads of them :P :D :D :P ;)
rockingal

Postby hana » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:57 am

Thnks Rockingal
hana

Postby chandra » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:46 pm

I am ssc teacher who has had continuously for 10marks from students. my advice is read the text throughly.
u can guide questions but not the answer.
chandra

Postby kiran_ghosh » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:09 pm

maths rd sharma is good but sometimes it gets on ur nerves as a lot of the sums are not for board preparation actually and can go upto 30 mins of Strenuous calculation(as u have realised that those cant come in the board paper) our teachers are firm when they say not to go out of the prescribed books but if u wanna be on the safe side try out R.S AGARWAL .
for science i agree with Rockingal, even core is good
for sosc my advice is do not use any guides or ref books cause its only gonna get a more confusing(if u wanna know more about hist or geography then search the web)
and english try to get ESSENTIALS OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR BOOK 4 and 5
if u know ur grammar well and prep ur chapters u can get more than 90
kiran_ghosh

Postby shubhamsoni » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:51 pm

i agree with kiran_ghosh. :P for social...i may suggest EVERGREEN as it covers all the points from ncert.
shubhamsoni

Return to CBSE Class X Helpline