CBSE Guess Official Helpline Forum for CBSE Students, Teachers and Parents. Educational Portals: ICSE | IGNOU | NIOS | IIT JEE | AIPMT | AIEEE | Friends
CBSE - Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE India Guess Papers, CBSE Sample Papers, Tutors In India, CBSE Schools, CBSE Books.  
CBSE CBSE Papers CBSE Schools CBSE Alumni CBSE Tutors CBSE eBooks Educational Articles Indian Education Education Forum Fun Zone Fun Zones

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: To participate in this form you need to register as your CBSEGuess.com login info will not work here. Click Here to Register

Imp info. regarding Yellow Orange boxes in science

Ask questions of CBSE Class X and discuss the same here. For any doubts relates to CBSE Class X.

Imp info. regarding Yellow Orange boxes in science

Postby rishabhjain_1000 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:38 pm

SCIENCE
It seems tht
Most students seem 2 hav confusion regardin d YELLOW BOXES..........

I must tell u tht those Orange BOXES ARE NOT IN D COURSE <That wid a spiral over it and written MORE TO KNOW>

BUT
The boxes which do not have that spiral, those are plain are IN THE COURSE AND COULD B ASKED in examination.

I hope this might help.

GUYS & GALS :D BST OF LUCK FOR BOARDS :)
rishabhjain_1000

Re: Imp info. regarding Yellow Orange boxes in science

Postby shipra » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:45 pm

thanx 4 d info.....
but r u confirmed????
Do not work hard .....
but work "SMART"!!!!!!
shipra

Postby rishabhjain_1000 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:46 pm

ya ofcourse i m sure, dont wrry
rishabhjain_1000

Postby [email protected] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:53 pm

HEYYYY....
Rishabh...correct me if i am wrong...But have u checked the board Sample Papers...
They have said:
Science:
"Typology of Questions
In order to assess different abilities related to the subject, the question paper includes
open-ended questions, drawing/illustrations based questions, communication-skill based
questions and activity-based questions.
About 20% weightage has been assigned to questions testing higher order
thinking skills of learners."

This skill based things nd everything can only be answered by readin nd understandin the yellow boxes...or why else wud they provide the info...If ur using Manjit Singh And Lakmir Kaur Science books(S.Chand Publication) for reference then u will find that the info in yellow boxes has been used in the text..hence its better we study those....

Social Studies:
"A new type of question has been introduced in Social Science . for Class X. This may include source based questions from extracts ( Yellow box in the Text Book), and interpretation of any illustration/pictures given in the text book."
the woods are lovely dark nd deep..but i have promises to keep..nd miles to go before i sleep..nd miles to go before i sleep....
[email protected]

Postby sahil0123 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:10 pm

This all is crap......... questions cannot be asked from the yellow boxes in the science textbook...u must hav seen the CBSE sapmple papers... did u see any question, even a single question from any of the boxes in the science textbooks...... cmon now, u canot expect the cbse to ask question such as who was mendeleev or why do we have two eyes for vision , or what is solar constant and so on...
sahil0123

Postby rishabhjain_1000 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:14 pm

hi mailto:[email protected] <srry dnt knw ur name>
From where hav u heard that, could u refer me d src.
I hav not discovered ny stuff such as tht. :lol:
rishabhjain_1000

Postby shipra » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:05 pm

hey jus give it a reading....
n leave dis topic....
dere is much mor 2 b worried abt....
Do not work hard .....
but work "SMART"!!!!!!
shipra

Return to CBSE Class X Helpline