CBSE Guess Official Helpline Forum for CBSE Students, Teachers and Parents. Educational Portals: ICSE | IGNOU | NIOS | IIT JEE | AIPMT | AIEEE | Friends
CBSE - Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE India Guess Papers, CBSE Sample Papers, Tutors In India, CBSE Schools, CBSE Books.  
CBSE CBSE Papers CBSE Schools CBSE Alumni CBSE Tutors CBSE eBooks Educational Articles Indian Education Education Forum Fun Zone Fun Zones

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: To participate in this form you need to register as your CBSEGuess.com login info will not work here. Click Here to Register

What movie(s) have you seen recently?

Movies, TV , Celebrities & Sports Corner. Also includes film festival details, actor and actress interviews, humors, Television Serials...

What movie(s) have you seen recently?

Postby strutwatson » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Hey guys, just wondering what movies you've seen recently and what you thought of them?

Here's a few I've seen since Christmas:

300 : - I wasn't expecting much from this movie if I'm honest (I'm really fussy about films), but I really quite enjoyed this. Its graphic novel roots are evident, and the effects and style are very good throughout. Some bits were a bit stupid though - like the monster Leonidas fights, the hunchback Spartan traitor, or the fact none of the Spartan warriors wear bloody armour!. All in all, a pretty good film - I probably preferred the older movie based on the same story, The 300 Spartans, as that has a bit more plot exposure, but both are good.

Dawn of the Dead (remake) : - I watched this on TV last night, I definitely prefer this to the shonky 70s original. I like the extra dimension the post-28 Days Later running zombies bring, and it's suitably different to the original to encourage watching both.

Silent Hill : - another one I wasn't sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed this. I thought it was a brilliant adaptation of the computer game, and bits like when Rose is in the bathroom and everything starts to change, or when she has to pass the nurses are brilliant, and very tense. Well worth a look for fans of the games, I think.

Sin City : - another graphic book from Frank Miller adaptation (these are not the only two genres I watch, honest!). A decent film and again, excellently stylised, if a little shallow and needlessly gory (call me squeemish if you like). Plus Jessica Alba is possibly the most beautifulest woman in the world, ever.

Saying that, I also watched Fantastic Four, which was shit.

I also have Children of Men, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and The Nightmare Before Christmas to watch. Will try to watch CoM this weekend.
welcome 2010
strutwatson

Re: What movie(s) have you seen recently?

Postby courtneycoles27 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:05 pm

the last movie that i watched is the avatar.....it is really great movie specially when you watched it on the 3D wow so great.....
courtneycoles27

Postby jessekaye » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:09 am

Last movie i watched was Avatar: From the music to the muse, this is clearly a James Cameron flick, clearly a masterpiece, and clearly marks a revolution in blockbusters, for if you only see one film in a 3-D cinema this year, make it Avatar.
jessekaye

Postby madman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:56 am

The last movie I've seen was The Hurt Locker. And I must say it's a really good movie. It deserves the recognitions it got from the Academy Awards.
madman

Postby rinachen » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:01 pm

The Green Zone's premise was intriguing. After watching, it had me thinking as to how possible the storyline could be. This is such a good movie.
rinachen

Postby Joneswilliamsc » Sat May 15, 2010 8:21 am

Well I like to watch horror movies. And I am watching it almost three to four time in a week when I got time. And at last I have seen Taxidermia. I like that movie too much. This particular movie is from Hungary in Eastern Europe. Director Gyorgy Palfi has created a film.
Joneswilliamsc

Postby Aryan » Wed May 19, 2010 11:56 pm

kites and housefull
Aryan

Return to Movies, TV , Celebrities & Sports Corner